I'm in some uncharted territory here people! I have lost 40.7 pounds since January 1st! I've actually had many little goals here lately & I think I need to celebrate them!
- I'm almost walking 1.2 miles in under 21 minutes. Keep in mind, that is not flat, this is with 2 hills both ways.
- I bought a 'regular sized' shirt from Old Navy. It wasn't in the plus size section or anything!
- I've become more open with people the last 5 months.
- I didn't let a weight gain and a neutral week the last couple of weeks knock me for a loop.
- I've lost 8 points on my BMI.
- I've lost 14% of my body weight.
- I am 84 pounds away from my goal, I remember when that was over 100!!
- I have a TAN!! I haven't ever had a tan because I sat inside all day and was too afraid I would burn because I'm so white. But from walking everyday, I've gotten a freakin' tan!!
This lifestyle change has gotten easier and I'm hardly hungry anymore, but it's still something I have to be completely cognizant of. Just like last night, I was hanging around with some friends, we were up until after midnight and I went on a midnight snack run. I don't do that EVERYDAY, but still, that's old habits!
I'm hoping to do another 5K in Nashville in October called The Color Run. I think I have a group of people that want to do it with me, so it should be fun!
Not a whole lot to report other than that. I'm feeling good, I'm trying to get halfway – 19.3 more pounds – and then I can focus on the rest of the journey. Hoping to hit 50 by the end of next month because I've promised myself a new hairdo and my hair is getting LONG! It's hot in this Kentucky humidity.
|Will take another when I get to 50!!!|
I can't tell you how proud I am to say right now that
I made a resolution on January 1st and almost 6 months later I am sticking to it!